Maybe you have just got a brand spanking new Oculus Rift… Perhaps you’ve had one since Christmas… Or it could be that you have had one since launch and just now, you are venturing into the dark deep world of virtual reality porn. Playing VR porn videos like those found on this site can be confusing because most instructions manuals provide no or little direction for playing or watching this type of media.
Rather than reading boring instruction manuals or digging deep into pervy Reddit forums, you can read this simple guide that I provide here. This guide will provide detailed instructions for using the Oculus Rift to download and play the 360° and 3d 360° video file formats found on VRPorn.com.
What you need:
First of all, you will need the Oculus Rift app called Oculus Video. This app can be downloaded for free from Oculus’ site here.
Additionally, you will be using the default Windows “Videos” folder that Windows generates by default. Make sure you have no deleted this folder. If you have, the correct file path is C:/Users/YourUserName/Videos
- Find the video that you would like to watch. Make sure that you login first so that you can download the file correctly.
- Scroll down until you see the gray button titled “Free HD VR Download.”
- Click the right side of the button and a drop-down menu will appear.
- Click the Oculus option.
- The gray button should have changed to Oculus. Click this and save to the videos folder that I mentioned earlier.
- Put the Oculus Rift on your massively oversized noggin.
- Open the Oculus Videos App.
- In the app, select “my videos” and select the video that you just downloaded. Your video should play!