The HTC Vive is arguably the best and most fully-featured virtual reality headset that is currently on the market. With room-scale tracking, a sharp display, and a massive library of compatible SteamVR apps, you can’t go wrong with the HTC Vive. That said, with all of its features, simple actions like such watching 360° and 3d 360° videos can be awkward to figure out.
Worry no longer, I am here to help. The guide presented here will provide step-by-step instructions for playing the 360° and 360° 3d videos that are found here on VRPorn.com.
What You Need:
Firstly, you need an app to play the 360° videos like those found on VRPorn.com. There are some different choices that can be found on Steam, however, I recommend going with the official Vive Video app. This app works great, is highly polished, and is totally free. You can find it here. Vive Video works with downloaded or local video files.
- Go to VRPorn.com and log in with your username and password.
- Scroll down until you see the gray button titled “Free HD VR Download.”
- Click the right side of the button and a drop-down menu will appear.
- Click the Vive option.
- The gray button should have changed to Vive. Click this and save to the default Windows “Videos” folder.
- Launch Vive Video.
- Use the inbuilt file picker to select the file that you downloaded.
- Click the file’s thumbnail to begin playing your video.
- Vive Video requires a few extra tweaks to play in 360 degrees. So, at this point, click the eye icon labeled Selected Viewing Mode that is located in the bottom right-hand corner of the screen.
- Next, click the stereo option for 3d side by side videos.
- Following this, click 360 from the next set of options that appear.
- Finally, click Done to finalize and confirm the settings.