A great thing about having a blog is you get to spend time doing what you love and sharing that with the world.
Today, I was wondering how to take a screenshot on Gear VR. Then I thought, “you know, I bet somebody else would like to know about this also”.
So I did some research and figured it out. Now I can share it with you here.
This advice can also apply to taking screenshots with Google Cardboard or any Android device in general.
The secret is Mobizen. This is a popular Android app with millions of downloads. Basically, what it does is easily connect your Android phone to your PC. This allows you to stream the screen to your PC, control your smartphone from your PC, and other things. Please note that I’m using the term “PC” here in the general sense, these steps work on Apple Mac as well.
1. Download Mobizen to your Android device
2. Open the app, and set up your login
3. Click the 2 step verification button
4. On your PC, go to Mobizen.com and login.
5. On your phone, enter the security code that the website gives you
6. Profit! If it worked correctly, you should now see a live stream of your phone screen in your browser.
7. For a screenshot, you can take a standard screen shot on your PC, or you can press the snapshot button on the Mobizen browser.
I followed these steps and took this screenshot of Herobound, my favorite VR game. It came out pretty dark so I adjusted the brightness.