The best virtual reality video player for Google Daydream is SkyBox VR Video Player. Its ease of use was one of the reasons that I rated it as the best virtual reality video player for the Google Daydream Platform. Here, I provide a simple how-to guide to get VRPorn.com videos up and running on SkyBox VR Video Player. As a quick reminder, Daydream owners should go with SkyBox Virtual Reality Video Player because:
1) It offers exceptional video playback,
2) It’s free, and…
3) It includes a bevy of other cool features like virtual theater modes, and even streaming support.
As for getting SkyBox VR Video Player up and running with VRPorn.com content, there are only a few steps required. Below, in the section titled “Steps for VRPorn.com Content,” I provide exact steps for getting VRPorn.com content running.
Steps for VRPorn.com Content (Using the Chrome Browser)
- Log in with your account information on VRPorn.com.
- Navigate to the video of your liking.
- Scroll below the video and look for the gray button titled “Free HD VR Download.”
- Tap the right side of the button with an arrow pointing downwards.
- A list of options should then appear at which you then tap and hold on “smartphone.” You can try other formats if you want to experiment with different qualities.
- Next, click the option “Download Link.” Your download will take several minutes or longer depending on your connection.
- Next, load your smartphone into the Daydream headset and open SkyBox VR Video Player.
- In the app, navigate to and choose the “VR Videos” page to select your video that you just downloaded.
- Select your chosen VRPorn.com video and it should begin playing!
If you have problems…
One of the only issues regarding the app is the lack of included directions or how-to guides. Since the app is so easy to use, most users will overlook this problem quite easily. Given that the SkyBox Virtual Reality Video Player website does not offer much in terms of directions, it’s good that you are here!
That said, the website does offer some troubleshooting tips to get content running if users run into trouble. Also, the developers offer email support to troubleshoot playback issues as well. As for how good their service actually is, I can’t say for sure, but in my experience, most small developers like SKYBOX STUDIO offer great one-on-one personalized support over email and sometimes even Facebook.